The Capacity Management team (part of Service Control Department, responsible for production stability) is currently organized around 3 main domains: one domain is responsible for the Mainframe and Tandem technologies, another domain is specialized in the Distributed Technologies and Network, and the third domain is supporting Business and Service Capacity Management.
The team is responsible for a full set of activities covering both Capacity and Performance aspects.
You will work as Capacity Manager Expert in the Distributed Domain. Your main responsibilities will encompass the following activities:
- Daily monitoring of the capacity and performance of the Distributed platforms (Windows, Linux and Storage) & Network systems.
- Identification and Investigation of capacity and performance issues / problems.
- Report in a comprehensive manner and propose mitigating actions to the Engineering teams.
- Perform ad-hoc capacity and performance analysis, make recommendation and produce associated reports.
- Participation to Project, collect and validate the demand, assess the feasibility of the proposed solution and make recommendations on the Design and Sizing based on Business requirements.
- Participate in Performance testing, analyse the performance data, propose changes to optimise resource usage and performance, make recommendation and produce the Performance and Capacity Test Report.
- Build capacity models to correlate Business Volumes with Resource utilisation and Service levels.
These activities are done based on the team standard monitoring and reporting capacity and performance tools (Perfmon, nmon, Linux PCP, SevOne, VMware VROPs, Prism Nutanix, Splunk and SSRS). Whenever needed, you’ll have to setup a data collection with automated reporting (for the team and the customer) to enable efficient data analysis.
This will require an in depth understanding of the Business Drivers and Service Level Agreements on the company’s platforms.
- You have proven experience (senior level) with capacity management and performance engineering processes (including forecasting) for at least two of the following Domains: VMWare - Windows – Linux - Network.
- You have experience in more than one of the following tools: VMware VROPs, PRISM Nutanix, SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Linux PCP, SevOne, Splunk.
- You have SQL language knowledge (capabilities of creating SQL queries) and have a good level of expertise in Excel.
- You have good English communication skills (written and spoken) and you are able to create synthetic complex understandable capacity / performance reports for the Management and the Customers.
- You have a collaborative mind-set; you are a team player and willing to share knowledge with your colleagues.
- You have an analytical mind-set and an understanding of statistics; you are able to analyse and correlate data.
- You can work autonomously and have leadership skills; you are not afraid of taking ownership. You are dynamic and take initiative.
- You are Continuous Improvement oriented and ready to propose and drive improvement initiatives.
- You are ready to extend your knowledge and participate to other capacity management activities of the team.
As a plus:
- You have expertise in capacity/performance management processed for all domains managed by the Distributed sub-team, including Distributed storage technologies.
- You have experience with Cloud capacity management.
- You have experience in Business and Service Capacity management.
- You have experience in other capacity / performance engineering tools which could bring added value to the team.
- You have experience with REST API.
- You have evolved in Agile and DevOps environments.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !