One of the main challenges was to align the management vision and agree on a consistent position, based on pragmatic thinking.
Claude Willems, CIO SPI, Development Agency of the Province of Liège
As the development agency for the Province of Liège, the SPI facilitates the establishment of companies and promotes its business parks and business spaces. The Val Benoit, a former university site in Liège, is today the focus of a large-scale project: transforming abandoned buildings into a modern and innovative economic activity park that puts emphasis on new ways of working. The SPI wants to make it a place to live and work, a crossing point, a learning center, and create a dynamic ecosystem generating synergies between the different target audiences (companies, students, residents).
The goal is to instill a new dimension of services to companies. The SPI considers that small or young companies have the same stakes and the same types of needs as large companies, without the means and the resources. The Val Benoit wishes to facilitate companies’ life by offering, through a portal, various services and synergies between actors. Contraste's intervention in this project focused on setting up a captive wifi portal within the Val Benoit building and creating a web portal.
One of the main challenges was to align the management vision and to agree on a consistent position, based on pragmatic thinking. As part of this project, various new issues related to digital have emerged, leading to changes in the orientation of the project. Another challenge was to get out of institutional communication, to adapt to digital communication (message simplification, getting to essentials,...)
Finally, the complete solution had to be implemented in less than three months, during the summer.
To meet the needs, Contraste has implemented a double solution:
- A captive wifi portal, allowing wifi management on the Val Benoit site: authentication and access control, user management, authorization management according to profiles, ...
A web portal allowing:
- Management of the portal content and its back office
- Reservation of meeting rooms in connection with SPI's agendas, management of related services (resources, catering, etc.), and billing of these services
- A "voucher" system for booking conference rooms
- An extranet for Val Benoit members
- Automated reporting to administrators
The Val Benoit project allowed the SPI to take further its thinking about digital strategy.
Among all the advantages of the solution we can mention:
- A controlled access to network resources through a secure authentication system;
- A platform that brings together the different users at a central point;
- The development of a portfolio of services, which will expand in the future.
- A centralized information experience (site life, members, possible synergies), which will serve as a support to the SPI to go further.