Your core objectives as a data scientist in the team will be to create innovative solutions that rely on data science and experiment new technologies to bring value to the Company as a data-driven company.
In order to reach these objectives, you will:
- Manipulate structured and unstructured data sources and conduct data analysis using advanced analytics techniques to produce valuable and actionable output within the amount of time dedicated to the use case
- Deliver the insights through enhanced data visualization applications
- Actively contribute to the evolution of the Company’s analytics platform (ie. softwares, libraries, techniques, …)
- Contribute to maturing new ideas (products, components, …) whether as proofs of concept or as actual developments that are meant to become part of our production toolkit.
- You have a proven track record of successful hands-on experiences in the area of advanced analytics. Education in data science without practical hands-on experience will not be accepted.
- You are proficient in R, Python and Spark. Knowledge of Scala is a plus.
- You are proficient in relational database querying (SQL) or in data collection and transformation (ETL)
- You master analytical techniques such as machine learning, text mining, network analytics, process mining, …
- You are at ease with visualization tools like Shiny
- You have experience with command line tools (UNIX) and version control tools like GIT
- You know the Hadoop ecosystem (knowledge of the Cloudera distribution will be a plus)
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as good customer relationship skills to present the results of a use case to different audiences (from end users up to division management)
- You have experience implementing advanced analytics solutions into a well-controlled production environment
- You are able to learn quickly, adjust to changes and think outside the box
- You are self-motivated and confident with a positive attitude,
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- You have a past experience in Agile Development Methodologies (SCRUM, RAD, …) whilst ensuring that the deliverables contribute to the final product
- You stay abreast of new tools and technologies to practice up-to-date data analytic strategies
- Your qualifications are the following:
o Master's degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field, combined with strong IT skills
o 3+ years of experience in advanced data analytics
o 3+ years of experience with open source statistical programming languages (eg. R, Python)
· A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
· A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
· A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
· A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !