The mission of the IT Decommissioning and Obsolescence Responsible is to support Life Cycle Management activities within IT by ensuring that functioning and optimized obsolescence and e2e decommissioning processes are in place and to make sure that these processes are effectively applied.
Concretely this implies following responsibilities:
- An overview is in place of obsolescence status of infra and SW tooling components. This includes consolidated reporting to management on Life Cycle Management status and risks to allow for proper prioritization of Life Cycle Management activities.
- Infrastructure and licence allocations are optimised by ensuring that when applicative or infrastructure functionality is to be decommissioned, the related application codes are removed from the system together with the underlying infrastructure resources.
In case of an Infrastructure Decommissioning this also implicates triggering removal or migration of applicative functionalities running on the infra component.
The key priorities to be handled are:
- Thoroughly review the decommissioning process, which is currently in place, and optimize it so that it becomes operationally effective.
- Identify cases of Infrastructure resources that can be removed or optimized due to ineffective or incomplete decommissioning activities in the past.
- Put in place Obsolescence process to enable the Life Cycle Management Epic Owner to effectively manage and prioritize LCM activities.
- Key driver in defining/evolving effective Obsolescence and Decommissioning processes in the context of IT Life Cycle Management and to enforce the application of the process within the IT domain.
- Ensure up to date Obsolescence view for commercial Infra and SW Tooling components and develop/publish reporting to enable management and prioritization of IT Life Cycle Management activities.
- Get an overview of the applications that are candidate to be decommissioned.
- Assist with identifying the involved IT infrastructure resources underlying those applications with the support of available Configuration Management data.
- Facilitate the de-installation of the applicative components with the support of involved stakeholders across the IT organization (applicative and infrastructure).
- Facilitate subsequent optimization of allocated infrastructure resources and licenses to liberate or decommission infrastructure resources were possible.
- Identify opportunities to reduce infrastructure resource allocations that are linked to applications for which decommissioning in the past was not done or incompletely done.
- Implement mechanisms to control regularly whether allocated infrastructure resources are effectively in use to check whether the decommissioning process is always applied.
- Publish regularly planned and actually saved infrastructure capacity due to decommissioning actions with the support of Technical Capacity Management.
- Report regularly on the status of decommissioning actions.
- Make sure a functioning e2e obsolescence and decommissioning process is in place to ensure cost effective allocation and utilization of infrastructure resources and licenses.
- Facilitate effective collaboration between the key contributors to the decommissioning process like applicative product squad, Infra squads and BP²I.
- Reporting on Obsolescence status of infra components and SW Tooling towards the Life Cycle Management responsible.
- Coordinate across involved technical teams to ensure that an up to date Obsolescence view is in place.
- Communicate on decommissioning status and impediments that are blocking the realisation of decommissioning targets.
- Capable of taking e2e perspective.
- Quality mindset, Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and quickly changing environment.
- Team player.
- Problem solver.
- Pragmatic, realistic.
- Stress resistant
- Knowledge of ITIL. Knowledge of LEAN is a plus.
- Experience with release and deployment of applicative functionalities.
- Broad knowledge of multiple infrastructure platforms.
- Preferably experience with virtualization technologies like V-Blocks, Cloud.
- French and English.
- In working with an external supplier for Infrastructure Management services.
- With a Configuration Mgt (system) is a +++.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A list of large customers.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !