Are you a determined individual who likes a challenge? Do you have the drive to meet your goals and those of the company? Are you as strong a team conductor as you are a committed project supervisor? Then jump on our client’s ambitious opportunity as their Project Leader! The Contraste Europe Group builds strong relations with its clients. It offers a range of IT services such as: Consulting, Application Services and Managed Services. The Group’s sector focus is with finance, utilities, public institutions and non-commercial organisations. It has three major offices located in Belgium, Luxemburg and France.
For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a IT Project Leader.
You will be:
- Writing comprehensive project memos, allowing the management to take relevant decisions
- Delivering the project scope on time, on budget, and with the expected quality
- Monitoring the expected benefits approved in the business cases
- Managing virtual teams across various divisions and entities, including third party suppliers in India
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with your customers, providing advice, guidance and options with regards IT investments
- Developing and maintaining project plans and forecasts, including resource requirements, costs, risks and their mitigations and dependencies with other projects
- Defining deliverables, assigning their production to project team members and monitoring progress and quality of those deliverables
- Managing the staffing of assigned projects and monitoring budget spent
- Leading the risk, issuing and changing control processes for assigned projects and tracking action items
- Managing the project according to the company’s internal standards (methodology & tools)
- 3 to 10 years’ experience in a project management role or equivalent experience in the core activities of the function (i.e. Plan, control and monitor a project execution)
- Experience in managing major and critical projects (> 2000 mandays), including team coordination experience with (functional) projects in financial sector
- Min. 1-year assignment within the same project
- Fluency in English
- Strong leadership skills to adapt your style according to the situation and to the different stakeholders
- Good business and technical understanding (gained over several application development projects) and the interpersonal skills to influence decisions taken with the project sponsor/client
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, from staff members to senior management level
- The ability to learn quickly in a complex environment and to synthesize the situation
- Strong negotiation skills, conflict management and influencing skills at different levels of management
- Effective delegation of tasks and responsibilities while maintaining overall control
- Assertiveness to drive tasks to completion
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !