· Working in a team who is in charge of integrating new applications into the 24 hours a day mission critical production cycle.
· Reviewing, in close collaboration with experts (System Engineers, Middleware Engineers, Architects), the technical designs produced by the application developers.
· Focusing on the production aspects: control, monitoring, performance, availability, reliability of the application.
· Analysing, implementing and deploying the integration of the application in the production.
· Addressing the following topics: scheduling, monitoring, backup, alerting, definition of application objects: MQ Series Queues and DB2 tables.
· Integrating applications within the production environment.
· Designing (analysing the impacts of a new/modified application on the production environment) and implementing the following topics in the production environment for new or re-worked applications:
o Mapping the applications on the physical production topology. For the Mainframe Systems, this concerns the design of batch chains and on-line systems.
§ Backup and Recovery.
§ Monitoring and Alert Management.
§ Scheduling and Control.
o Production Operations readiness: Operational Procedures (stop, start, restart, operation scheduling, control system, rerun), Operational Documentation, Operational Tools.
o Participating in testing strategy and providing test cases to validate the production acceptance criteria.
· Deploying applications within test and production environments.
· Launching applications in test and production environments.
· Training Production Operations staff to applications' operational procedures, documentation and tools.
Knowledge of the following Technical skills:
· Overall MVS knowledge (TSO, JCL, PL/1, COBOL, DB2, CICS, MQSeries, ISPF,...)
· CA-7, Cortex
· REXX, ISPF development expertise
· Enterprise Output System, file transfer protocols,
· Production Integration methods (CA7 scheduling, backup, control, unattended production, monitoring...)
· Structured, organized, quality minded
· Team player
· Communicates clearly and openly
Fluent in English. French and/or Dutch are an asset
· A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
· A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
· A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
· A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !