Are you a determined individual who likes a challenge? Do you have the drive to meet your goals and those of the company? Are you and avid learner and are keen to learn new skills. Then we have the job for you. The Contraste Europe Group builds strong relations with its clients. It offers a range of IT services such as: Consulting, Application and Managed Services. The Group’s sector focus is with finance, utilities, public institutions and non-commercial organisations. It has three major offices located in Belgium, Luxemburg and France. For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Windows Operation Analyst.
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers, testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers, DBA, etc).
- Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
- Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
- Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
- Provide second level support to Production Operations – available for on call duties during certain weekends.
- Work outside of business hours is sometimes required as launches in production are generally carried out after 5PM or on Saturday
- A background in development on Windows Server is essential (it's not a mission of pure development, you should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, middleware).
- Windows Server (2000 and/or 2003)
- Visual Basic (VB6 and/or VB.net)
- SQL Server (2000 and/or 2005)
- Scripting (VBS and/or Perl)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mindset
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
- Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities
Please apply now !