The candidate will become a test lead of the GFM QA test team. The team consists currently of the test team manager and three test leads that are working for and within different PSM teams (Product Support and Maintenance teams).
The candidate will be responsible for and integrated within one PSM team.
A PSM team implements projects and services (enhancements, maintenance and support) for the products where the team is responsible for.
These PSM products together with the products of other PSM teams define the GSmart suites. The suite is released in multiple variations, for different internal and external customers.
Development and testing within PSMs is agile based: using SCRUM, based on priorities.
Within PSM teams, the test lead is the test professional that drives testing in cooperation with the PSM team lead. Testing is done also by the other PSM team members (analysts and developers).
As test lead (30%) of the PSM team, the candidate will
Do the necessary checks and follow-up to support the PSM team (s)he collaborates with to ensure the quality of the team work related to the test processes:
o Defect management
o Test tool usage (Microsoft Test Manager)
o Test preparation, execution and management
- Lead the PSM testing during the iterative release development:
o Functional, non-functional and regression testing
o User Acceptance testing by the different customers and their business users
o General test administration and work mgmt in MTM and TFS (new test plans or closures, TFS testing tasks mgmt, etc)
As tester (70%) of the PSM team, the candidate will
- Prepare and execute manual test scenarios while keeping an eye on test automation opportunities for the developers of the team.
As member of the QA test team, the candidate will
o Daily work together with the other test leads to ensure the test process as defined is implemented in the different PSM teams and coherent across the PSM teams.
o Report in the QA team weekly meeting on status and issues for the PSM team responsible for, and consult on improvements, approach and steps to take for next week as test lead.
The candidate will be asked to acquire in-depth knowledge of the business problem and the application(s) under test, which due to the complexity typically requires a long-term investment of the candidate in learning the system under test.
Experience & expertise
- At least 2 years relevant experience in manual software testing
- At least 2 years experience as test lead
- Using TFS as test lead (work items mgmt, defects)
- Technically experienced and quality minded.
- Sound knowledge of a test methodology (TMap, STBox, ISTQB..), risk based testing
- An ISTQB certification is an asset
- SQL, XML, UML
- Experience of testing complex, interconnected data-driven applications (.NET, C#, Oracle) is a plus
- Documentation tools (Microsoft Office or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and social skills,
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to communicate in Dutch, French, and English
- Quality minded
- Analytical thinking
- Good management skills
- Hands-on, technical
- Team player
- Responsible and precise
- Ability to work in an agile environment (iterative-incremental development, SCRUM based)
- Ability to work in a structured way according to defined rules, standards and guidelines
- Ability to adapt to the evolving set of methods and tools
- Bachelor informatics or equal
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding,...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Interested? Please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply now !