As an Application Engineer, together with the Application Analysts and Application Operators, you will be part of the new IT AppOps team that is responsible for technical Application Management and Application Operations. You will deploy business applications across a landscape of environments leading to production. You will assist in technically managing, maintaining, operating, monitoring, supporting and improving business applications throughout their lifecycle. You take pride and ownership in delivering good application service levels to customers. You are a result-oriented, self-propelling and well-structured team player that communicates & collaborates openly with other people and teams. You are disciplined in your work, respect people, processes & procedures and raise improvement opportunities. You provide a great service experience to your (internal) customers and achieve high levels of effectivity on daily service fulfillment.
Task description :
- build, configure & test application configurations that run on the Windows Server platform
- document application configuration changes and application operating instructions
- configure application configurations for operational monitoring, Logging & Log Management
- configure application monitoring for exception detection and managing alerts
- train application operators to run, monitor, troubleshoot and optimize business application operations
- deploy application releases (versions, builds) and provide early-life support to project teams & users
- report on status of work in progress, documenting events and raising flags when appropriate
- participate to operational (acceptance) testing of applications & end-to-end integrations
- perform technical application administration & maintenance activities throughout the application lifecycle
- are part of the 2nd line IT support team for Event- & Incident Management
- are part of the IT support team for Problem Management and participate to the evaluation of changes
- keep up with IT standards & innovations on application technology and share knowledge and experience
Essential Skills :
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Software Engineering
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience in an large AppOps context
- Good professional language skills in French, Dutch and English
- Strong focus on ‘design for operations’ & Non-Functional Requirements
- Good understanding of Windows ‘on premise’ and cloud PaaS / SaaS environments (Azure, AWS, GCS)
- Hands-on experience with the Windows Server platform components management and configuration
- Hands-on experience with Web Application platforms management and configuration (IIS, TomCat, JBoss, JRE)
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Service Bus & Messaging platform management and configuration (BizTalk)
- Hands-on experience with Document & Workflow platform management and configuration (SharePoint)
- Good understanding of Backup/Restore strategies, needs and constraints as well as DRP scenarios
- Good understanding of Project / Task Management skills in an IT Service Management context
- Good understanding of database infrastructure (Oracle & SQL Server)
- Good understanding of application virtualization technology (Citrix)
- Basic understanding of non-windows application platforms (AIX, Linux)
- MCSE Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Certification on the applications and platforms mentioned above
- ITIL v3:2011, Foundation Certification is recommended, Service Operations Management Certification is a plus
- Basic understanding of Agile, Lean, DevOps concepts and the ability to apply these principles in daily work
- Basic understanding of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF) and IT Governance frameworks (CoBIT)
Job Context :
- You will report to the AppOps Team Manager
- You will be on a long-term, full-time and on-site assignment
- You will perform occasional Out of Business Hours application deployments, maintenance windows are possible every 2nd Thursday evening 17:00-19:00 and 1 WE per month
- You will participate to a 24x7 on-call availability roster in case of 2nd level escalations for high impact & high urgency production incidents
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding,...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Interested? Please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply now !