The Corporate Technology division ensures the support of the company’s business strategy with efficiency, reliability and security in mind. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong Data Model Administration skills. You must be self-motivated and have the experience, personality, and passion to support developers and designers.
Your main responsibilities:
- The main focus of the work will be in conducting operational activity, providing data modeling subject matter expertise, and maintenance of a catalog of the information assets.
- You will be part of the Component and Data Management team who has a transversal role acting as a service desk for the designers and the developers.
- The team mainly performs configuration and data management activities for projects and maintenances.
- It also has a gatekeeper role, reviewing all naming convention and databases standards and ensuring they are compliant with configuration management good practices.
- The Component Management team is spread over 3 locations (Brussels, Paris, and London) with on average 12 team members.
- At least 5 years of experience in IT industry
- Professional experience performing logical and physical data modeling, using industry standard tools such as Computer Associate’s AllFusion Data Modeler (Erwin), ER studio, or MEGA/HOPEX
- Professional experience with data models and data modeling (Data dictionary, data management standards, and data model best practices)
- Knowledge of relational databases (DB2, Sybase, and/or SQL Server ) with regards to physical data structure design
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to conduct data modeling sessions with business users and technical staff, which includes conveying complex ideas both verbally and in written form.
- Generate and deploy DDLs in the respective environments.
- Insure compliance with established standards, policies, and performance guidelines.
- Focus on customers and deliver quality results.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Mainframe background will be a plus (JCL, REXX, Changeman, Endevor…)
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Access, Etc.
- Experience using a Service Desk
- Skills in one of the following languages and technologies: J2EE, .NET
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !