You will be part of the Data Services team, in charge of the DB2, Oracle and MS SQL Server Database infrastructures as well as the Business Intelligence & Analytics infrastructures. The team takes care of the installation, configuration of the software as well as the support of the production, test and development systems.
Your main responsibilities:
- Providing technical support for the database environment, including support of the production but also supporting the development and enhancement of applications;
- Helping to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, highest reliability and performance possible;
- Software installation and configuration;
- Release management;
- Day-to-day administration of the infrastructure;
- Disaster recovery plans;
- Defining standards and guidelines;
- Replication of data;
- Performance tuning;
- Research & Development: Assessment and implementation of new technologies and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities.
- Providing and designing tools to assist in the management of the databases.
- Proven administration experience working with:
- DB2 for z/OS
- Q Replication
- DB2 Connect (client & gateway) on Windows servers
- QMF for Workstation and QMF for WebSphere interfaces on Windows servers
- Strong operational focus including security, patch revision control, performance management and tuning and high availability.
- JCL, Rexx/PL1/ASM, ISPF, DFSort, CA7/OPC, DB2 Administration & Monitoring tool, SMP/E, …
- Some experience with IBM Infosphere Data Replication (IIDR) (installation, configuration & usage) is a plus.
- Some experience with SAS (installation, configuration & usage) is a plus.
- Some experience with other RDBMS like SQL server and/or Oracle is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French can be an asset.
- Complexity & problem solving: Handle standard situations covering known domains of expertise. Propose process and procedure improvements within domain of expertise.
- Decision making: Might rely on existing processes and policies to make decisions but also use knowledge and expertise to support the decision process in own domain.
- Strategic approach and impact: Focuse on execution in own domain expertise. Run and maintain the operational process.
- Autonomy and leadership: Work autonomously within own domain of expertise. Independently, co-ordinate and plan activities within given constraints.
- Strong team player, flexible and pro-active.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !