You will be joining the Enterprise Architecture department and Technology Strategy division.
The Enterprise Architecture team (EA) is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced architects in charge of:
- Defining the enterprise architecture directions & standards aligned to the company strategies & goals,
- Creating business cases to develop or transform the IT capabilities supporting the business units’ strategies,
- Maintaining a multi-year IT plan & technology roadmap, and providing steer for the decisions on IT investments,
- Defining IT architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture directions and guiding the IT development teams during solution realization.
You take a contributing role in identifying the strategies required to support the long-term objectives of a major IT function and/or a leading role in designing end-to-end architecture solutions for major IT projects.
- Your function requires extensive knowledge of business operations, information landscape, application platforms & technical infrastructure supporting Financial Market Infrastructures, unusually high analysis capability, a thorough understanding of the software development processes, and the interpersonal skills to create buy-in around the identified strategies or proposed architecture solutions.
- You are able to develop business cases for evolving our IT capabilities and to perform impact analysis, thereby engaging a wide range of stakeholders across business and IT at senior level.
- You cope with systems of various levels of complexity, which can typically span across functional/location lines.
- You work under broad management direction.
- You contribute to the definition of “architecture blueprints” to clarify & refine the capabilities, the building blocks & the roadmap supporting major IT transformation initiatives. In this context
- You ensure a proper translation of business needs into a set of structured business process, knowledge, technology, and organization specifications that satisfy the clients’ strategic and operational objectives,
- You are responsible for understanding and assessing the clients’ needs, identifying issues & opportunities (incl. new & innovative technologies) and recommending appropriate solutions
- You understand the long-term business needs and identifies the relevant technical, data and application architectures required to meet these needs.
- You contribute to the continuous improvement of the Enterprise Architecture processes in Company.
- You have worked for more than 10 years in the IT industry and more than 5 years in the wholesale financial IT sector
- You have worked as lead architect on large-scale transformation projects (> €10 mio) developing and deploying core transactional applications in the financial IT sector.
- You have worked for several years as enterprise architect in companies comparable to Company and have a practical experience in running architecture governance.
- You can tackle autonomously all types of architectural analysis and can provide global & pragmatic recommendations adapted to the company context.
- You have a strong desire to make a difference: you are convinced that small focused cross-functional teams can significantly improve the business alignment and the value of proposed solutions in terms of TCO, risk, time-to-market and future agility.
- You are conceptual and creative: you are able to recognize common patterns or generic aspects in elements that seem unrelated at first sight, and to transpose existing solutions in a creative fashion to new situations.
- You are a strong problem-solver: you demonstrate strong analytical skills (e.g. breaking up & structuring complex problems into manageable pieces), you can apply them to problems spanning across multiple architectural domains, you strive for a pragmatic approach (80/20 rule) and you focus on tangible and actionable results.
- You identify the need for change and propose solutions that are innovative and have a significant strategic impact.
- You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing) and to steer working groups.
- You are able to effectively communicate and advocate for the architecture recommendations vis-à-vis project delivery teams and senior business and IT management of the company.
- A strong command of English is required.
- Knowledge of post-trade market infrastructures (and/or past Company experience)
- knowledge in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF), are extra assets.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !