Corporate Technology plans, builds and runs the global infrastructure of the company, and is additionally responsible for the IT service management to the operating entities of the various Group markets. The HYDRA programme (HYperData CenterRedesign and Adoption) has started In August 2017, the objective of the project is to standardize our infrastructure, reduce complexity and be more cost effective. The programme is a key strategic initiative and is the overhaul of our IT infrastructure towards state-of-the-art technologies in a safe way (cloud-like on premise).
- Understand/drive how Hydra will be operated on production (and also pre-production, development, test,...). Define related monitoring, alerting, event management, recovery mechanisms and identify changes in tools/concepts.
- Define the impact on 1st line support (Production Monitoring & Control, Major Incident Management) and related skills.
- Define the impact on 2nd and 3rd line support (including the role of Cisco and the controls to implement on external providers critical interventions).
- Define/review operational requirements considered to design the future solution.
- Define how production interventions will be performed (intervention windows, redundancy, safety nets, non disruptive).
- Define/review assumptions in terms of performance and capacity (performance targets and monitoring/alerting in case we deviate from these, end-to-end monitoring, how will we perform capacity and performance management (ie CPU utilisation, memory utilisation, bandwidth utilisation,…).
- Define/review how to address the contention points (like distribution switches) that can bring all business down at the same time.
- Define the impact on the current Swap (autoswap feature) and the RDR capability.
- Define/review the impact of including (or not) the evolution to the next generation backbone with ASR9K and with the introduction of ACI.
- Define the impact on the current concepts within the Asset management (or CMDB), the way we manage the link(s) between hyperconverged CI, virtual/application server - application(s) - SLA, key information that is used in event, incident, problem and change management; and recharges.
- You have relevant experience on (Hyper)Converged Infrastructure.
- You have knowledge or experience on incident, problem & change management processes (ITIL).
- You have experience on IT Change Management programmes or large projects and very good understanding on operational readiness.
- You have strong interpersonal and leadership skills (experience in project management is an asset).
- You have excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Fluent in English (oral/written), French or Dutch is an asset.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !