The IT service manager’s main task is to provide the proper and reliable IT service to the company’s customers. His or her tasks can include service management, focusing on determining and meeting customers' needs, planning new services, and updating existing ones in line with the best practices of project management, including cost and schedule estimation and risk analysis. IT service managers are responsible for maintaining a high-level standard when dealing with the company's IT services, and for foreseeing and supporting any issues that may arise, either with the company's IT systems
At ITSM department, an IT service manager cover these roles:
- Service design Management
- Service transition Management
- Service delivery Management
What a service design manager does (60%):
- A service designer is an experienced designer who works with minimal support and can influence and mentor others. They work with service managers and programme directors to develop design concepts and may have responsibility across complex services.
- Service designers help set direction and embed good practice within teams. They make key decisions based on market state of the art and understand how this impacts others.
What a service transition manager does (20%):
- Service Transition helps plan and manage the change of state of a service in its lifecycle. Managing risk for new, changed and retired services protects the product environment. This helps the business deliver value to itself and its customers
What an IT service delivery manager does (20%):
IT service managers are responsible for managing the service delivery of information and communications technology (ICT) services and working with teams from IT service operations.
IT service managers:
- are responsible for making sure that business relations within the organization are managed to enable delivery of ICT services
- lead and direct teams to make sure that service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) are in place with both external and internal teams
- make sure all contractors carry out defined processes
- liaise with all other IT service functions to make sure that services are maintained
- manage the day to day delivery of the product
- helps to plan and schedule the testing and deployment of releases
- helps to deliver new functionality required by the business while protecting the integrity of existing services
- make sure that service asset and configuration items are properly controlled, and that accurate and reliable information about these assets is available when needed
Your Responsabilities and Tasks:
- In charge of IT Service Design, Transition, and Delivery Management
- Manage Service Management activities:
- Design, monitor and manage the service to achieve or exceed defined service performance
- Contribute to translate requirements into business service level requirements (SLA, SLO, RTO, RPO) and give visibility on the maturity of the services (KPI)
- Manage regular service reviews with supplier stakeholders in accordance with the agreed schedules
- Helps to follow-up on Service Continuity procedures with supplier.
- Risk Management support for: Service risk profiling, Compliance analysis, Risk reporting
- Input for Escalation Management on allocated services, in accordance with the contracted Escalation Process
- Contribute to financial related activities concerning: Invoice reconciliation, Service credit management
- Service lifecycle input for the Service Catalogue (solution /capabilities)
- Contribute to Service Continuous Improvement (Service and operation maturity (SRM, Incidents, CRQ, Assets), Process improvement, Service transition.
- Follow up of Contracts:
- Assure that contracts are respected
- Maintain/build relationship with different Suppliers
- Follow up and Service review/improvement
- Proven experience of Contract and Supplier management, Service Management, Risk Management with multi-disciplinary teams and managed outsourced suppliers
- IT process management experience
- Proven track record with complex contracts and deployments
- Strong understanding of IT environments and technologies
- Knowledge of IT service management framework
- At least 5 to 7 years of working experience
- Fluent in French and/or Dutch
- Working proficiency of English is required
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding,...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Interested? Please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply now !