The Contraste Europe Group builds strong relations with its clients. It offers a range of IT services such as: Advisory, Solutions, Applications and Infrastructure. The Group’s sector focus is with finance, utilities, public institutions and non-commercial organisations. We are operating on three countries located in Belgium, Luxemburg and France. For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for an Operational Analyst Windows.
Production Integration ensures the transition of Windows applications into the production environment:
- We deploy applications within test, pre-production and production environments
- We implement operation scripts, procedures, and tools.
- We analyze the impacts of a new/modified applications on the production environment.
- We ensure applications can be operated into the production environment in a simple and efficient way.
- We organise the scheduling of jobs, processes and tasks into the most efficient sequence, maximising throughput and utilisation to meet business requirements.
Your main responsibilities:
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers, testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers, DBA, etc).
- Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
- Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
- Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
- Provide second level support to Production Operations – available for on call duties during certain weekends.
- Work outside of business hours is sometimes required as launches in production are generally carried out after 5PM or on Saturday.
- A background in development on Windows Server is essential (System Engineering experience is not required for this position). However, it's not a mission of pure development, the candidate should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, middleware).
- Essential skills:
- Windows Server (2012/2016)
- .NET applications
- SQL Server 2016
- Scripting Powershell
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mindset
- Desirable skills:
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- PERL scripting
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
- Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Please apply now !