Contraste Europe is a major player in IT services in Belgium. We build strong relations with our clients and provide a range of IT services such as advisory, cloud and next-gen platforms, applications, data intelligence or support.
If you want to join a fast-growing company with an international presence but still on a human-scale... This job is for you!
• As an Application Engineer you will develop and maintain IT applications. You will be involved in projects from A to Z, i.e. with functional design, technical design and programming, through to testing and implementation. You will work on the scoping of projects and writing IT proposals. You are good at making impact analyses and providing workload estimates.
• When making your functional analyses, you will highlight the needs of the business, which you will then convert into clear functional analyses. You are also a technical experience specialist and an expert in one or more technologies. You have good application knowledge in one or more areas and are able to translate functional analyses into technical analyses. You are able to produce the most complex analyses within your field of expertise.
• When making your functional and technical analyses, you will take account not only of the proposed deadlines and budgets, but also of the standards and processes specified in our in-house methodology. This also applies to your programming work. You will build high-quality systems that meet the definition of the task in hand. You will also provide direction to technical analysts and programmers. You will organise your own unit and integration tests, as well as those of your team members. You will take on the role of coordinator during the whole test process. You are also able to write good-quality test designs. You are capable of making good bug analyses and you enjoy problem-solving. You are able to work quickly, independently and constructively.
• You will also coordinate and oversee the activities of the other people involved in a project so that every assignment can be carried out to the highest standard and within the time schedule and budgets set. In this position you will be able to delegate the more straightforward tasks because your day-to-day workload will focus on more complex challenges.
Experience and Skills
• You have a degree in IT or have gained its equivalent through your experience. You have good knowledge of Dutch, French and English. You will be required to work as part of a team as well as on your own. You have the necessary social skills to be able to work with others and to make clear arrangements with a variety of internal and external parties. You will be involved in transversal projects that require a good deal of consultation. As part of carrying out your duties, you will draw up the Work Breakdown Structure yourself.
• You are inquisitive and eager to learn, have good communication skills and are able to withstand stress. You have an eye for detail. Good insight into processes would certainly be a bonus.
• You are familiar with the world of insurance are keen to find out more about it.
• Knowledge of the Adobe products AEM / Campaign is a must
• A technical background is indispensable
• In other words (building up expertise) around deployments (UCD), infrastructure and the architectural set-up of the Adobe Components
• In addition, being able to take on the role of Application Manager: Lifecycle management, incident management and follow-up of the maintenance & improvement tickets
• You speak French or Dutch (at least understanding the other one) and English
• AEM / Campaign
• Functional analysis skills
• Process analysis / management
• Programming skills
• Technical analysis skills
• Eager to learn
• Planning and organization
• Stress Resistant
• Team player
• Transversal collaboration
• A challenging position in a fast-growing company with great projects and missions.
Contraste Europe is active in multiple sectors, being the IT partner of major players in finance, public services, industry, distribution or non-commercial organisations. We are present in Belgium, Luxembourg and France. You can contribute to results in really meaningful projects, where clients really benefit from IT...
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit
The company calendar offers those special moments where it is not only about IT Services… We maintained team spirit with lots of internal events (teambuilding, workshop...). Each team has its essential rituals, each week to share experiences, talk about objectives and keep in touch.
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
We care about our people! Whatever your function or role, you’ll witness respect and consideration… We listen to your needs and professional ambitions to build an exciting career path.
• A wide range of advantages, trainings and career development opportunities.
Next to an attractive salary package, we give an important place to learning and knowledge sharing. That’s why we have lots of initiatives like Competence Centres, conferences, workshops, training portal... The whole company is committed to make our teams perform, and will work with you to grow your expertise…
Interested? Please send us your CV in English at email@example.com.