For one of our major clients in the insurance sector, we are looking for a BI Data modeler/engineer.
• A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
• A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
• Languages: English, French & Dutch (one fluent the other one basic at least)
• Ideally University graduate “Master” in information Science, Management or Industrial Engineer or Professional bachelor
• Structured and pro-active
• Pragmatic and result oriented
• Hands on and problem solver
• Stress resistant
• Quality driven
• Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence)
• Client friendly
• Experience in data modelling and functional analysis
• Experience in star scheme modelling through projects
• Good knowledge of insurance processes and of BI principles to support these
• Strong interest for business process analysis
• Project management experience (planning, communication)
• Experience in functional enterprise modelling and architecture
• Thorough experience in data modelling techniques trough projects
• Understanding development life cycles
• Good organizational skills with demonstrated ability to deliver data oriented projects on time and on budget
• Experience in data modelling via Erwin
• Mastering scheduling principles and techniques
• Detailed understanding of SAS (Base, DI, EG) development and tabular models on SSAS through experience
• Knowledge of SQL server and SSIS
• Good computer skills, proficient with Microsoft office applications including Microsoft BI Tools such as PowerBI.
• Experience with cloud and on premise architectures and setup
• Mastering scheduling principles and techniques (CTRL/M)
• Thorough understanding of corporate practices, processes and standards and their impact on project deliveries
The key missions of a BI data modeler/engineer are:
• Understanding the functional domain of a business line
• Master the applicative BI domain of a business line
• Organization and moderating workshops with the business client in order to define their business needs
• Gathering the business requirements and define solutions with the client
• Being able to plan and follow up projects
• Designing the different data patrimonies and keep it coherent in time
• Assessing new tools, new technologies and methodologies
• Creating and updating the functional documentation
• Explaining the functional contents of the projects to the development team (link between users and the development team)
• The monitoring/control of the functional design (logical data, functionalities and controls) of the applications of his business domain
• Validating the deviations needed in the design and controlling they are documented
• Ensuring the respect of the company functional and technical design standards
• Definition of best practices and patterns to be applied in his application context and documenting and maintaining them
• Helping to define the testing approach of the projects with the clients
• Testing of new developments or changes of existing functionalities