For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Business Analyst.
• A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
• A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience
• Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
• Good written and spoken communication skills in Dutch or French
• Excellent analytical skills - conceptual thinking
• Capacity to understand a business vision and translate this into the detailed functional requirements
• Capable of challenging, focus on details
• Team player, able to work independently
• Result-oriented, capable of delivering within a tight timeline
• Structured approach
• Able to work independently
• Quality-minded and eye for detail
• Open to change
“Acquiring” is the business of providing card payment solutions to merchants. Specifically, an acquirer processes credit and debit card payments on behalf of merchants. Today, our client acts as an agent, selling contracts on behalf of SIX, which holds the payment schemes licenses, is the contractual counter-party for the merchant, performs the pay-out for the merchant and holds responsibility for payments.
An agreement has been reached whereby our client would become Acquirer itself, whilst SIX keeps the role of acquiring processor.
Our client has decided to nest this acquiring activity in a separate legal entity solely focused on Acquiring. One of the main reasons being that such new company generates the possibility to create a brand-new and state-of-the art (essentially cloud-based) IT architecture which can provide much desired/necessary agility and flexibility.
Currently, the project is implementing a CRM solution in collaboration with Salesforce.
The IT architecture of the company now has to be completed with additional tools supporting the following business processes:
- accounting and invoicing: management of the Money Flows coming in from the schemes, reconciliation and pay-put to our merchants. Invoicing of costs by (usually) sending an ex-post invoice.
- risk check and AML check: at on-boarding, risk checks need to be performed by means of an on-line API connection to a specific risk tool.
We will adopt off-the-shelf solutions and adapt these to the desired situation.
The role of the Business Analyst will be to participate in the drafting of RFP's, supplier selection, translation of high-level functional requirements (which will mainly be described as flowcharts) into a detailed functional description that can be used by the software solution providers who will ensure Adoption/Adaption of the off-the shelf solution.
Mainly based on a deep understanding of
• the target business situation as described in the existing flowcharts
• interviews with Newco stakeholders tom complete the target situation
• the functionalities offered by the off-the shelf solution
this functional description should be drawn.
Once description has been done, following up the development at the supplier and perform business acceptance testing.
In the meantime, the remainder of the IT architecture will be developed and potential extension of this mission towards other functional blocks can be considered.