For one of our major clients in the Energy sector, we are looking for a Data Analyst.
• This position is for establishing and performing data quality and governance procedures to ensure data sets are of the highest quality and to ensure end user requirements are met.
• Process all Business area data to ensure continuous, consistent and trusted data for analytics.
• Understand a variety of business needs, identify how the data that is available can be used, and analyze and maintain the quality of that data throughout the entire data processing pipeline.
• Define the principles, policies and rules that govern the way data is input and transformed.
• Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to identify root cause of quality issues, propose initiatives, and lead or support the development of preventative measures to stop errors at the source/pipeline.
• Ensure that the Data Engineers and Analytics resources are adhering to data quality standards and required data protection requirements.
• Processes and policies are followed (e.g. data privacy, data quality audits, provisioning new data).
• Develop data governance standards, policies and procedures to mitigate risk and provide consistency.
• Analyze, profile, query and cleanse data according to defined business rules and procedures.
• Use your data skills to make data available to stakeholders and use these tasks as an opportunity to proactively identify areas for improvement.
• Collaborates with Business areas and IT to ensure proper application of data governance policies.
• Creates Data Governance Community and facilitates strategic and operational meetings and agendas.
• Also creates a Data stewardship program and facilitates stewardship activities.
• Performs a variety of other Data Analyst duties as assigned.
• Good level of English, good knowledge of one of the national languages
• Strong foundation, knowledge, skills, and best practices in data analysis.
• Experience in a variety of data analysis tasks, preferably with a focus on data governance/data quality.
• Knowledge of the data lifecycle which must include data cleansing, data integration and data transformation – both on-premises and on the Cloud.
• Work in an agile and iterative and incremental manner using JIRA and Scrum methods.
• Demonstrates ability to be structured, organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables by deadlines, in a fast paced environment.
• Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new situations, requirements and methods on an ongoing basis.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple projects/situations simultaneously – with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• A positive person and a determined problem solver.
• Highly analytical, willing to learn new skills, to explore and be challenged – and motivated by continuous improvement practices, and maintaining high quality data.
• Ability to systematically capture business requirements and convert to outcomes.
• Good experience working with SQL queries.
• Familiarity with different types of data (e.g. structured, unstructured, other).
• Must be able to develop various documentation such as use cases, functional requirements, data quality rules, policy definitions, data governance and other.
• Must have good understanding of applicable laws and regulations (including GDPR) with implications to data governance, data protection and usage practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain complex concepts in a simple, clear style and obtain buy-in from stakeholders.
• Deals effectively with all team members and colleagues from other Business areas.
• A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
• A wide range of training and career development opportunities.