Contraste Europe is a major player in IT services in Belgium. We build strong relations with our clients and provide a range of IT services such as advisory, cloud and next-gen platforms, applications, data intelligence or support...
If you want to join a fast-growing company with an international presence but still on a human-scale... This job is for you!
• Identify the most appropriate data sources to use for a given purpose and understand their structures and contents, in collaboration with subject matter experts.
• Extract structured and unstructured data from the source systems (relational databases, data warehouses, document repositories, file systems, …), prepare such data (cleanse, re-structure, aggregate, …) and load them onto Hadoop.
• Actively support the reporting teams in the data exploration and data preparation phases.
• Implement data quality controls and where data quality issues are detected, liaise with the data supplier for joint root cause analysis
• Be able to autonomously design data pipelines, develop them and prepare the launch activities
• Properly document your code, share and transfer your knowledge with the rest of the team to ensure a smooth transition into maintenance and support of production applications
• Liaise with IT infrastructure teams to address infrastructure issues and to ensure that the components and software used on the platform are all consistent
• Experience with analysis and creation of data pipelines, data architecture, ETL/ELT development and with processing structured and unstructured data
• Proven experience with using data stored in RDBMSs and experience or good understanding of NoSQL databases
• Ability to write performant Scala code and SQL statements
• Ability to design with focus on solutions that are fit for purpose whilst keeping options open for future needs
• Ability to analyze data, identify issues (e.g. gaps, inconsistencies) and troubleshoot these
• Have a true agile mindset, capable and willing to take on tasks outside of her/his core competencies to help the team
• Experience in working with customers to identify and clarify requirements
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, good customer relationship skills
• Strong interest in the financial industry and related data.
Will be considered as assets
• Knowledge of Python and Spark
• Understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem including Hadoop file formats like Parquet and ORC
• Experience with open source technologies used in Data Analytics like Spark, Pig, Hive, HBase, Kafka, …
• Ability to write MapReduce & Spark jobs
• Knowledge of Cloudera
• Knowledge of IBM mainframe
• Knowledge of AGILE development methods such as SCRUM is clearly an asset
• A challenging position in a fast-growing company with great projects and missions.
Contraste Europe is active in multiple sectors, being the IT partner of major players in finance, public services, industry, distribution or non-commercial organisations. We are present in Belgium, Luxembourg and France. You can contribute to results in really meaningful projects, where clients really benefit from IT...
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit
The company calendar offers those special moments where it is not only about IT Services… We maintained team spirit with lots of internal events (teambuilding, workshop...). Each team has its essential rituals, each week to share experiences, talk about objectives and keep in touch.
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
We care about our people! Whatever your function or role, you’ll witness respect and consideration… We listen to your needs and professional ambitions to build an exciting career path.
• A wide range of advantages, trainings and career development opportunities.
Next to an attractive salary package, we give an important place to learning and knowledge sharing. That’s why we have lots of initiatives like Competence Centres, conferences, workshops, training portal... The whole company is committed to make our teams perform, and will work with you to grow your expertise…