For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Data Engineer on Big Data Platform.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience and practical knowledge of FLink/Kafka
- Bachelor/Master ‘s degree in IT or engineering or equivalent by professional experience
- Hands-on experience in big data stack like Hortonworks and technologies/languages like Hive, ELK, Cassandra, Python,
- Profound knowledge of SQL (writing complex SQL queries, performance-tuning)
- Knowledge of DWH data modelling (i.e. Kimball or Inman)
- Experience with working in a complex organization
- Specific requirement for agile: practical experience with Scrum
- Fluent in English and French/Dutch
- A positive attitude and pragmatism
- Thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Team player always ready to share, train or provide support to others
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
- Flexible, accurate & control minded
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to deliver results respecting deadlines
- Good oral and written communication. Ability to turn advanced technical topics and industry jargon into easy-to-understand information
- Quality driven and cost avoidance minded
- Able to handle changing priorities
- Customer focus and passionate about data
The IES (Information Engineering Solutions) team is one of the key components of the Data department, to help developing and rolling out the bank-wide BI and Data strategy at our company. Its mission is to service all metiers and functions of the bank with transversal BI solutions (front and backend developments) & tools. In doing so, the IES team will contribute to the spreading of the new data governance and “Know your data” culture throughout the company.
The Technical Data Engineer designs, configures and elaborates the solution for the functional need defined by the Application Analyst. This technical solution must be in line with company standards concerning quality and performance, and resource usage. The experienced Data Engineer also helps to define and improve the standards.
With the squad, the Data Engineer works on solution description and implementation of different projects and enhancements within the big data hub-environment. Main technologies used are KAFKA and FLINK. Hands-on experience in these is a must have.
You also must be able to:
- Analyse and develop (complex) solutions
- Monitor and quality assurance of deliverables and make suggestion for improvements
- Prepare and follow-up of installation in QA and PROD environment. Follow up and analyse incidents, identify the rootcause