Contraste Europe is a major player in IT services in Belgium. We build strong relations with our clients and provide a range of IT services such as advisory, cloud and next-gen platforms, applications, data intelligence or support...
If you want to join a fast-growing company with an international presence but still on a human-scale... This job is for you!
You will be joining the Data Management Office department of the company.
The Data Management Office team (DMO) is a multi-disciplinary group of experts with experience and interest in data as a business asset. The DMO is in charge of :
• Organizing the end to end data quality management by (1) coordinating the data quality managers, (2) manage company-wide data quality dashboards, (3) prioritize and plan resolution of quality issues.
• Owning the present Data Governance & Management board policy for all entities of the Group, including its organization, implementation and maintenance. This covers amongst others definition of roles and responsibilities, Meta-data Management and Lineage (a.k.a “Data Management Framework”).
• Maintaining and validating transversal information taxonomies.
• Ensuring the coherence of Data Management Methods and Tools between different divisions/departments, and between business & technology.
• Coaching the assigned business data owners and data stewards in the business.
• Assisting and supporting the meta-data documentation and management (e.g. data dictionaries, data traceability/lineage, data sharing agreements, …)
Your role in the Data Management Office
• Manage different use cases to bring additional critical data under governance:
o identify the critical data in a certain domain,
o define the business terms,
o link them to technical data elements,
o trace the data to its origin,
o define and measure data quality
o assign data ownership
• Bring expertise from previous projects on data management practices
• Work together with the existing team to improve our approach of bringing data under governance, ensuring transversal alignment with other use cases
• Documenting data flows/traceability for risk reports in scope;
• Documentation of the data sharing agreements in scope on data domains
• Progressing on the roll out of the in-house data traceability methodology (notably steps involving interactions with other divisions);
• Synchronize with all divisions concerned regulatory reporting topics through the organization of (virtual) workshops;
• On-board the company’s internal data experts and ensure handover to internal stakeholders;
• Implementing data quality controls on data domains in scope
• Identify and log potential opportunities and issues during the exercise to report during workshops and provide input to data quality committees
• Organize/attend weekly meetings with project management and participate every two weeks in a work stream board meeting.
As a member of the Data Management Office, you are part of the team that actively contributes to harness the strategic data opportunities, transforming the company to realign the data into one of the company’s critical business assets. You report into the CDO.
You actively contribute to rolling out the Group Data Management Program, as part of the company’s strategic objectives. You are able to cope with areas of various levels of complexity, which can typically span across functional/location lines. You contribute to the continuous improvement of the Data Management processes.
• You have knowledge about Data Governance: you understand the foundational concepts like databases, metadata, business glossary, data dictionary and traceability.
• You are eager to gain further experience in the field of Data Governance. You are a fast learner.
• You have Project Management experience. You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing). You are a team-player with people focus and able to work with various colleagues across the organization.
• You have a passion for data and its added value -and you have the strong desire to transform the company culture into a data culture. You apply a pragmatic approach to deliver results at a steady pace.
• A strong command of English is required.
• Having experience with Collibra Data Governance Centre (or a similar Data Governance solution) is an asset.
• A challenging position in a fast-growing company with great projects and missions.
Contraste Europe is active in multiple sectors, being the IT partner of major players in finance, public services, industry, distribution or non-commercial organisations. We are present in Belgium, Luxembourg and France. You can contribute to results in really meaningful projects, where clients really benefit from IT...
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit
The company calendar offers those special moments where it is not only about IT Services… We maintained team spirit with lots of internal events (teambuilding, workshop...). Each team has its essential rituals, each week to share experiences, talk about objectives and keep in touch.
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
We care about our people! Whatever your function or role, you’ll witness respect and consideration… We listen to your needs and professional ambitions to build an exciting career path.
• A wide range of advantages, trainings and career development opportunities.
Next to an attractive salary package, we give an important place to learning and knowledge sharing. That’s why we have lots of initiatives like Competence Centres, conferences, workshops, training portal... The whole company is committed to make our teams perform, and will work with you to grow your expertise…