For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Datastage Designer/Developer.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
- We are looking for a profile with excellent technical skills and a strong interest for the financial business.
- You have minimum 5 years’ experience in designing data models in a data warehouse context and developing applications in IBM DataStage.
- You have an interest in the banking business and are willing to learn more.
- You have a good working knowledge of the SQL language.
- You're a good team player.
- You have strong communication skills and are willing to interact with both business/internal clients and your technical colleagues.
- You have good analytical skills and you're interested to solve problems in a complex environment.
- You can work on multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and BI reporting tools (IBM Cognos/Power BI) is clearly an asset.
The Group Digital Capabilities (GDC) division ensures the company’s competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets.
Our technical teams deliver new IT solutions and improve existing applications for both our internal and external clients. We deploy changes into the production environment in a controlled and structured way that does not compromise production stability and we ensure applicative production support. Our non-technical people maintain the maturity of the IT project delivery with appropriate controls in line with the group’s risk appetite and reducing development and running costs.
Within the GDC Division, the Strategic Business Intelligence reporting team supports the reporting needs for all different entities of the group.
As a Datastage Designer/Developer, you will:
- Review the business requirements for Business Intelligence (BI) needs
- Design dimensional models to meet the business reporting needs
- Design the technical ETL solution (define the technical interface, specs for the source systems, the ETL processes from landing zone till storage) and develop the solution with IBM DataStage
- Design the physical relational data model in collaboration with the database administrator
- Define the scheduling requirements for ETL processes in the data warehouse
- Develop & test (unit test, functional test and data profiling) the ETL processes
- Prepare the releases & installation instructions
- Provide documentation and support the developers
- Create best practices
- Handle hotline by solving the problems linked to ETL raised by the end users
Your main responsibilities will be to handle BI developments. You'll act in close collaboration with the other BI team members and our clients. You will find the right balance between cost and quality/completeness while always considering the clients as our priority.