For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Feature Engineer.
• A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
• A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
• Passion for IT
• Strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
• Market focus and Outside-in thinker
• Problem solving skills to find creative ways of driving progress and removing impediments
• Extremely results-oriented, always striving for maximal consumer value as early as possible
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Eager to learn and ability to coach others
• Very strong communication and presentation skills (telling – selling) across skill and seniority levels
• Strong co-creation skills like workshop facilitation, constructive feedback loops, and prototyping
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Ability to challenge, influence or convince others through fact-based arguments
• Self-disciplined, proactive and organized, with ability to identify what needs to be done
• Track record of working in high performing Agile teams and good understanding of Agile/DevOps practices and methodologies /Scrum, Scaling, Continuous Delivery, automated testing.
• Multiple years of experience in the business domain and demonstrates deep functional knowledge of the business domain (end to end); knowing how business processes utilize IT solutions
• Proven track record in IT environment (design & implementation), Architecture, Infrastructure, software (knowledge of the working); affinity with IT concepts (CDaaS, ATDD, engineering skills and technologies, applicative landscape...)
• Track record in reducing complexity and of delivering complex IT initiatives across multiple teams
• Demonstrates mastery in writing skills – understandable and easy to read feature
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
• Good written and spoken knowledge of English
• Certifications and/or proven proficiency in managing complex IT changes
• Translate business requirements into features and stories by using IT & Business knowledge
o You are able to translate new product / services needs into required IT solutions and are able to grasp business opportunities from new technology solutions. You think and act globally.
o Together with relevant stakeholders (Architects, Epic Owners, (Central) Product Owners), you breakdown epics into features with a strong MVP (Minimum Viable Product) mindset. You assign the features (and underlying user stories) to the relevant squads and lead the accurate feature definition and estimation. You clarify the definition of done together with the product owner(s).
o You highlight correlation and dependencies between squads within a tribe or across tribes, but also other parts of the organization (Center of Expertise or so).
• Ensure features delivery (Planning, coordination, dependencies management)
o From a strategic business & IT context you deliver more detailed implementation roadmaps. You can slice and refine these roadmaps until the level of concrete user stories. You manage the size and complexity of features to stories in refinement and planning sessions.
o You are and feel responsible for the end-to-end integration and realization of the work (across squads and/or Tribes). You owns the planning, oversee sprints, align / coordinate the work across the whole chain and inspires individuals and teams creating lasting synergy.
o You identify (and manage) risks and potential issues and offer improvements across tribes.
o You identify and manage dependencies for features and epics across different tribes. You know where to find the teams that help the total chain be successful.
o You report on progress, value delivery, financials… and make escalations when necessary.
• Make things happen by installing a close collaboration climate
o You are comfortable with collaboration and reaching across Tribes and functional borders and serve as liaison when needed. You easily connect and align stakeholders within all levels of the organization, from CIO to IT engineer and from Business Tribe Lead to internal user, all with the customer journey in mind.
o You are able to positively influence Business and IT strategies locally or at Group level.
o You identify, manage and closely interact with stakeholders within a tribe or across different tribes for collaboration or to solve impediments.
• Keep business and IT knowledge up to date, and keep track of relevant trends and outlooks
o You have a good to extensive understanding of the business domain and processes as well as the underlying architectural model, applied to real customer value.
o You demonstrate understanding of IT concepts and have significant knowledge of the IT landscape and (new) technologies for your domain. More specifically, you understand the principles of Continuous Delivery and are able to translate these in your work.
o You follow the market and know what is going on both inside and outside the company. From your understanding of the latest developments in the Business and Technology, you propose structural improvements aimed at moving your domain, chains, and applications closer to target solutions to offer an industry-leading customer experience.