For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for an IT Incident Manager.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
- Bachelor or Master diploma, or equivalent through experience
- You have at least 1 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure
- You have at least 3 years’ experience as IT Incident Manager
- Service Management skills
- Incident and Problem Management skills
- You are ITIL certified
- You are communicative (both orally and in writing) and have a good command of the Dutch, French and English language
- You have good technology and multi-platform knowledge that enables you to understand the dependencies involved within a specific IT architecture
- You are open for and are eager to learn about new technologies
- You are dynamic, accurate, pro-active, work independently, and you are above all a very good team player
- You are undoubtedly customer and results-oriented, and you get fulfillment in your job through restoring services while limiting impact to business
- You have the skills to organize, define priorities, formulate action plans and to follow them through efficiently
- You can manage a crisis cell, either independently, or working with the Manager on Duty.
- You are very flexible (On duty/On-call periods with potential activation during the night, the weekends and also on national holidays)
- You know how to turn stress into positive energy
An Incident Manager monitors all incidents, and in every escalated case the Incident Manager brings together and manages a crisis team of IT specialists, in collaboration with Business End-to-End Incident representatives.
You will be responsible for:
- End-to-End (E2E) monitoring of an incident including its resolution, collaborating with all the incident process stakeholders, the technical domains of IT, the developers, the E2E incident managers and all the other Group’s entities.
- Acceptance and activation of an escalation (in line with pre-set “escalation levels”, based on the incident impact and the urgency of the incident).
- Coordination of escalated incidents, the activation and coordination of a crisis meeting, and the monitoring of the incident-related actions in order to restore service as soon as possible.
- Ensuring communication within the IT organization and to the internal customers with respect to the status of an incident, and according to a communication matrix which is formulated within the incident process.
- Creating and providing reporting regarding escalated incidents in our Service Management Tool HP SM9.
- Creating a PIR (Post-Incident Report) for high-impact incidents: this includes a description of the incident, the impact, the actions undertaken and the lessons that the manager has been able to draw from the incident.
- Creating “Problem Candidates” with the objective of: completing root-cause analysis, a description of possible structural solutions and the implementation of these solutions; thereby potentially avoiding repeat incidents.
- Performing quality analysis of incident solutions in order to formulate action plans for improving incident processes.
- Contribute to the creation of weekly/monthly reports of all these incidents as they relate to infrastructure or IT applications, trend analyses and “lessons learned”.