For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for an IT Release Coordinator to manage the monthly releases for the DevOps teams of the department.
The release coordination function is a transversal function that mutualises the common release activities for different DevOps teams of the tribe. The release coordinator will be responsible for the orchestration of the release preparation and execution. Responsibilities of the release coordinator include:
▪ Managing the mutualised release activities of the DevOps process in collaboration with the Tribe release process owner
▪ Overseeing the release deployments, coordinating the release at launch date, coordinating the post-release follow up with the user representatives and incident management teams.
▪ Acting as the authority of the testing practices in a scaled agile organisation gradually adopting a DevOps approach.
• A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
• A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
▪ 3+ years of professional experience working in Testing
▪ Professional experience working in a distributed environment
▪ Test coordination or release coordination experience in cross functional or multi platform projects
▪ Excellent coordination and collaboration skills
▪ Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, active listening) across a wide variety of stakeholders, from technology teams to business teams
▪ Rigor and discipline in executing a release management process
▪ Very good analysis & investigation skills
▪ Ability to operate in a changing environment and to participate to the change
▪ Assertiveness in driving tasks to completion
▪ Experience with offshoring
▪ Interest in and supporting agile practices and methods
▪ Preparation of the Change Note and Launch Scenario by collecting and chasing information from the different DevOps and Technology teams, sometimes helping them to find the correct information
▪ Follow up of the Change Note review
▪ Analyse the Change Note and Launch Scenario to identify constraints during the launch
▪ Discussion with other Release/Launch coordinators in case of clash for Production and Pre-Production launches
▪ Managing the late modifications requested, close follow up with he DevOps teams the new urgent features added late in the release or urgent bug fixes mandatory for the activation of a functionality
▪ Managing the daily release whiteboard meeting with all DevOps teams Scrum Masters to discuss and guide the blocking issues in the current sprint or any point of attention from a release point of view
▪ Preparation of Staffing plan for Production and Pre-Production launches
▪ Launch coordinator for the DevOps launches planned during the week and WE's
▪ Coordination of the Daily Prayer meetings after each Release and acting as first point of contact for the user representatives (Commercial or Business Operations) for Release related issues encountered in production
▪ Coordinate with Hotline team on the Production issues encountered after a Release
▪ Co-defining the branching approach in case of urgent production fixes required together with the configuration manager
▪ First point of contact for any issue encountered by Client Testing/Training team with the client demo environment
▪ Discussion with various IT and business stakeholders (Change management, Client Testing, Client training) to define the schedule of the launch dates for Production and Pre-production (standard DevOps key date as well as intermediary launch dates)
▪ Alignment with Tribe release process owner and overall IT Release Management on launch approach for the DevOps Releases falling at the same date as Major IT Releases
▪ Support the initial release discussions with project teams requiring the DevOps teams contribution
▪ Occasionally, follow up of bug resolution or test environment issues with Infrastructure teams
▪ Discussion and alignment with Technology teams on orchestrating updates to our test environments which impact their availability (like STS or MQ updates)
▪ Planning of Release Retrofits for the applications used in our test environment