For one of our major clients in the Financial sector, we are looking for a Lead Designer in Advanced Analytics.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
- We are looking for a senior profile with technical skills and a strong interest in the financial industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in:
- designing data models in a reporting context on Hadoop.
- application support/development in an agile delivery mode
- Basic knowledge in mainframe development technologies
- Strong team player.
- Strong communication skills and capable to interact with both business/internal clients and your technical colleagues.
- Good analytical skills as well as interest to solve problems in a complex environment.
- Proven experience with delivering major projects and managing their design complexity and the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way
- Spoken and written English is a must
- Ability to review and challenge senior colleagues on their deliverables
- Willingness to go out the core competence (e.g. perform testing of queries, reporting, etc.)
- Knowledge experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge in open inventory sourcing services and their application landscape is a key asset
The department ensures competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets.
Our technical teams deliver new IT solutions and improve existing applications for both our internal and external clients. We deploy changes into the production environment in a controlled and structured way that does not compromise production stability and we ensure applicative production support.
Our non-technical people maintain the maturity of the IT project delivery with appropriate controls in line with the group’s risk appetite and reducing development and running costs.
The team supports the needs on data science from all the entities of the Group. As a competency centre for analytics, the team helps to transform data into insight using techniques such as text mining, process mining, network analytics or predictive modelling
The key skill required to work in the team is to be interested by both the financial world and the IT world. For that reason, we are looking for an experienced Lead Designer with an IT background and a strong business interest.
As Lead Designer/Developer, you will:
- Lead, draft and document the design of the reports demands on the Hadoop (Cloudera) platform
- Need to be able to think in patterns to build reports trading off between short term delivery goals and longer term maintainability
- Design data models to meet the business reporting needs
- Design the technical data ingestions, cleansing and preparation phases
- Define the scheduling requirements for the different data processes
- Provide documentation and support to other team members in the agile team
- Create, document and maintain best practices/guidelines
- Find the right balance between cost and quality/completeness while always considering the clients as our priority.
- Have a true agile mindset, capable and willing to take on tasks outside of her/his core competencies to help the team
- Undertakes functional and technical application designs in the context of projects and/or system maintenance activities.
- Undertakes complex systems designs and may contribute to the supervision and/or validation of the development process, collaborating with colleagues when necessary for detailed analysis and coding activities.
- Designs applications in line with the required business and operational requirements, while being compatible with the enterprise wide architectural and design guidelines.
- Ensures the correct translation of the business requirements and operational constraints into a structured and efficient set of functional and data models.
- Leads the process of detailed design. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Is responsible for the quality review of the functional and technical design delivered by less experienced designers
- Is responsible for the quality review of the program specifications, and documentation performed by the people assigned to the development of own design.
- Will produce program specifications for complex or critical applications and be in charge of the quality review of the coding, testing and debugging of these programs.
- Will make a significant contribution to the improvement of standards
- Will, in a true T-shaped agile mindset
- Contribute to application testing activities
- Guide and support people who are in charge of fixing problems and making enhancements to application software’s running in production
- Has full knowledge of all phases of applications design, as well as a good understanding of the application development and testing phases.