For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Lead System Analyst/Software Architect for Commercial Lines Underwriting.
• A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
• A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
• 5-7 years of experience designing and implementing software applications
• Professional programs certification in Java and others is strongly recommended
• Experience working on large-scale software projects
• Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open source technologies
• Experience developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP and more
• Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential
• Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously
• Professional experience analysing code for weaknesses and errors, and overseeing plans to improve them
• Experience designing secure software systems based upon industry-specific specifications
• You are fluent in English, French/Dutch considered an asset
• Hands-on attitude, pragmatic while meticulous when respecting guidelines and patterns
• Collaborate with team members (internal client solution architect, internal client java developers as well as strategic partner’s landed and offshore java developers) to safeguard developments are done in line with the predefined architectural patterns and API design
• Oversight and approval of all developed components before formal launch
• Prepare an easy to understand report for supervisors detailing achieved milestones and short-term project goals, potentially acting as “on the floor” scrum master
• Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace