Contraste Europe is a major player in IT services in Belgium. We build strong relations with our clients and provide a range of IT services such as advisory, cloud and next-gen platforms, applications, data intelligence or support.
If you want to join a fast-growing company with an international presence but still on a human-scale... This job is for you!
Our partner’s Technology Services plans, builds and runs the global infrastructure of our partner and is additionally responsible for the IT service management to the operating entities of the various Group markets. It operates its IT systems and IT services in such a way that, at an appropriate and benchmarked cost level, it can deliver the agreed levels of service to support the requirements of the business processes, for both normal operations and during disaster recovery.
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join the team of our partner. As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company's databases.
• Installing, tuning and upgrading RDBMS infrastructures
• Proactively and regularly making recommendations for database improvements (policies, procedures & standards)
• Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise
• Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors
• Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access by establishing and maintaining security and integrity controls
• Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of disaster
• Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance
• Suggesting changes and improvements for database maintenance, performance, reliability and protection
• Regularly liaising with IT project teams including database programmers
Required Qualifications :
• 5+ years of experience with Database Administration for Oracle (12c onwards)
• Analytical mindset in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
• Good understanding in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
• Expertise in SQL language
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts (PowerShell, Ansible playbooks)
• Experience working with Windows and Linux servers, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Good communication and documentation skills in English
• Team player highly organized with a sense of ownership
• Capable of working under pressure
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
• Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Experience with ServiceNow & Azure DevOps
• Experience with Ansible playbooks
• Experience with , MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
• A challenging position in a fast-growing company with great projects and missions.
Contraste Europe is active in multiple sectors, being the IT partner of major players in finance, public services, industry, distribution or non-commercial organisations. We are present in Belgium, Luxembourg and France. You can contribute to results in really meaningful projects, where clients really benefit from IT...
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit
The company calendar offers those special moments where it is not only about IT Services… We maintained team spirit with lots of internal events (teambuilding, workshop...). Each team has its essential rituals, each week to share experiences, talk about objectives and keep in touch.
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
We care about our people! Whatever your function or role, you’ll witness respect and consideration… We listen to your needs and professional ambitions to build an exciting career path.
• A wide range of advantages, trainings and career development opportunities.
Next to an attractive salary package, we give an important place to learning and knowledge sharing. That’s why we have lots of initiatives like Competence Centres, conferences, workshops, training portal... The whole company is committed to make our teams perform, and will work with you to grow your expertise…
Interested? Please send us your CV in English at firstname.lastname@example.org.