For one of our major clients in the Industrial sector, we are looking for a Software & Testing Engineer.
• A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
• A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
• Physics or engineering M.S or PhD
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, automotive industry (Tiers 1 or OEM) background is preferable
• Familiar with ADAS sensor (Radar, LiDAR and/or Camera) modules operation, image quality tuning and system calibration
• Good programming (Matlab, C/C++, Python, …) skills on digital image processing and data quality analysis
• Deep knowledge in vision algorithms and ADAS/AD applications
• Experience with Radar, LiDAR and/or Camera testing methodology from prototyping to industrial environments
• Business fluency in English is mandatory. Knowledge of any other language (French, German, Dutch ...) is a plus
• Entrepreneur mindset
• Autonomous, agile and willing to work within a dynamic team
• Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
• High degree of structure and attention to detail
• Problem-solving mindset
• Ability to communicate in a direct and diplomatic way
• Willingness to travel internationally
As the Software & Testing Engineer, your missions will be the following:
• You will develop the implementation of high precision and high-volume LiDAR system tests, containing related hardware and software that go beyond simple sensor design verification (including image quality, electrical and optical testing).
• You will provide a rigorous and comprehensive evaluation methodology such as characterization and verification plans, develop quantitative metrics to evaluate performance, and specify lab setups and real-world environments for validation scenarios.
• You will help us to define and develop the calibration process to validate the overall LiDAR system performance (including sensor, lens and glass) after integration onto the vehicle, ensuring quality and optimal operation of each component.
• You will be responsible for calibration, test and qualification of LiDAR systems in the predevelopment, implementation and industrialization phases.
• The position is based in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium.