For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Windows Operation Analyst.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
A background in development on Windows Server is essential (System Engineering experience is not required for this position). However, it's not a mission of pure development, the candidate should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, middleware).
- Windows Server (2000 and/or 20032012/2016)
- Visual Basic (VB6 and/or VB.net) .NET applications
- SQL Server (2000 and/or 2005)2016
- Scripting (VBS and/or Perl) Powershell
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- PERL scripting
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mind-set
Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.
Production Integration ensures the transition of Windows applications into the production environment:
- We deploy applications within test, pre-production and production environments
- We implement operation scripts, procedures, and tools.
- We analyze the impacts of a new/modified applications on the production environment.
- We ensure applications can be operated into the production environment in a simple and efficient way.
- We organize the scheduling of jobs, processes and tasks into the most efficient sequence, maximising throughput and utilisation to meet business requirements.
The main part of the job involves:
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers, testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers, DBA, etc).
- Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
- Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
- Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
- Provide second level support to Production Operations – available for on call duties during certain weekends.