For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Windows Release and Deployment Engineer.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
- Fluent in Dutch or French, good knowledge of the other one. Good level of English
- Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
- Team player
- Service and client oriented
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Autonomous and committed
- Good communication skills
- Accurate and risk conscious
- At least 3 years in a similar function
- Experience in large IT-environments
- Thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems (server & workstation)
- Troubleshooting skills in Windows environments (f.i. experience in a support team)
- Good knowledge of (operating) SCCM
Before a Windows release reaches the target, it is subject to a software release process to ensure that it meets our company standards on technical level, complies to the security requirements and does not show undesirable behaviour (quality). Deployment needs to be thoroughly prepared, tested, planned and executed, minimizing client impact. Issues need to be swiftly tackled and solved during the after care.
We are currently looking for someone to assist the team during the different phases:
- Plan the different phases of the release (eg different waves of the monthly security patch)
- Issue a request for change and ensure it gets approved
- In collaboration with the major providers (the Windows Core System squads and/or the external partners), ensure timely delivery of the different components of the release
- Build (Package development + technical testing)
- Regroup all components into a ‘deployment package’ (release)
- Using SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), create a Task Sequence to automate the deployment steps
- Validate the release during a technical test
- Make the release available for the user functionality tests by deploying in the QA-environment
- Support the users where needed during the validation
- Make the solution/software available for deployment in production
- Execute and follow-up on the different deployment-waves
- Ensure reporting on the progress of the deployment
Analyze deployment/installation failures and remediate in order to reach the target success rate