For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Windows Server Automation Engineer.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Several years’ experience in managing and supporting large windows servers environments (Windows 2008, 2012, 2016).
- Good knowledge of VMware.
- Experience with SCCM.
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing solutions, Window Core edition.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP arch.: DNS, IP, TCP/UDP, subnetting , Vlan, DMZ (the ecosystem).
- Knowledge on one or more areas: SAN, MSCS, HLB, terminal services and remote access.
- Experienced on coordinating activities across several teams.
- Able to learn much on a limited period of time, self-study oriented.
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Can handle stress.
- Have Good interpersonal skills: good team player.
- Have a good Communication skills required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Is Solution oriented/client focused.
- Have a Good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- Can distinguish the different levels of decision making related to his responsibilities - and tasks.
- Accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
- Fluently English mandatory
- French or Dutch
- Weekend work required: estimated average of once every 4 weeks
- Occasionally tasks need to be performed before or after business hours
You will be member of the Windows Servers and Automation Services team. In an ITIL world, the team is in charge of:
- Server lifecycle, from the server delivery to the decommissioning and via server updates (operation and automation of each steps)
- Request management, change management and Windows releases
- Ownership (from Engineering/Design to Operation) of SCCM, Powershell
- Practically you will be in charge of:
- server delivery (troubleshooting, follow up)
- requests (assess requests, protecting standards, execute requests, plan requests and manage customer’s expectations)
- change management (change review, execution and planning)
- process improvement (proactive and continuous improvement mindset)
- take ownership of various work packages (autonomy and accountability excepted)
This position will allow you to be involved in managing windows server lifecycle on a complex and hybrid environment: multi forest - multi domain, DMZ, SAN, links with other platforms such as mainframe, networking elements, covering about 2000 Windows servers and +300 Unix servers. This role will give you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.