For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Capacity Manager.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
- You have a profile of Business Analyst, Service Manager or Capacity Manager, with experience in cost recharge of IT Business. You are able to understand what the key drivers are for IT cost recharge whatever the IT Domain is.
- You have overall IT infrastructure knowledge (MF, Tandem, Windows, Linux, Network) and understand the capacity drivers of it. You understand capacity management process and forecasting.
- You are able to translate demand from Business, projects ... into forecast and associated cost impact.
- You are able to analyze and correlate data and to produce adequate reports for the Management and the Customers.
- You have good communication skills (written and spoken) and have a collaborative mindset.
- You can work autonomously and have leadership skills; you are not afraid of taking ownership.
- You are dynamic and take initiative; you are able to reverse engineer a process and understand the way it works and adapt it to the needs.
- You are Continuous Improvement oriented and ready to propose and drive improvement ideas.
- You have SQL language / SQL Server Reporting Service knowledge and you are an expert in Excel.
- You are ready to extend your knowledge and participate to the other capacity management activities of the team related to business, Services and demand management.
The Capacity Management team (part of Service Strategy and Operation department of the Group Technology Service Division) is currently organized around 3 main domains: One domain is responsible for the Mainframe and Tandem technologies, another domain is specialized in the Distributed Technologies and the third domain is supporting Business and Service Capacity Management. The team is responsible for a full set of activities covering both Capacity and Performance aspects. It produces the “capacity plan” on a yearly basis and performs monthly follow ups; it collects the demand and forecasts the need in term of IT infrastructure; it handles capacity and performance operations to prevent Capacity and/or Performance incidents. All of this is done keeping in mind the cost impact (hardware and software) of IT infrastructure evolution.
The team is also involved in various projects, ensuring that an application is rightly sized and well-tuned before going in production. Via the projects, capacity indicators are selected to report on resource usage, quality of services and Business volumes evolution. Based on this, the team develops models to correlate resource consumption with volumes changes and quality of service.
Finally, the team took over the Volume forecast activity, aiming to forecast the cost of IT services to be recharged to our customers. This activity is based on actual and forecasted resource consumption of the IT services, often in line with Business evolution. The forecast is then monitored on a monthly basis to identify any deviation and adapt the associated cost for the customer.
- The candidate will work as expert in the Business and Service Domain to take the ownership of the volume forecast exercise.
- He will have to understand the current volume forecast process, i.e. the way the capacity volumes are collected and spread over the various IT services. He will then have to find synergies with the data collection made in the other domains of the capacity management team, propose improvement and stream line the overall activity. This process covers all IT domains.
- He will collaborate with the Cost Management team to help in getting the service cost for the Customer; he will also collaborate with Service Management to understand the Business and services impacts.
- He will have to run the volume forecast exercise for next year and present the results to various Management bodies.
- He will have to document the entire process in a clear and understandable documentation and share the knowledge with the other team members.
- He will then participate to the other activities of Business and Service Capacity Domain, i.e demand management (very closely linked to the volume forecast activity), capacity and performance risk assessment over IT services, implementation of Business and Services indicators ; he will contribute to the setup of a Business and Service Capacity Management strong service.
- He will further participate to the projects he will be assigned to, for which there will be a need to monitor the Business/Service indicators and implement recurrent capacity follow up activities. He will participate to Capacity and Performance daily operations whenever requested.