For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for an IT System Engineer (Oracle & SQL Server DBA).
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
- Proven experience working with Oracle (as from version 11g and above) and MS SQL Server (as from version 2008R2 and above) databases from an administration point of view.
- Strong operational focus including security, patch revision control, performance management and tuning, high availability and licensing.
- Some experience with Oracle Management Server (installation, configuration & usage) is a plus.
- Knowledge in one of the following operating Systems can be an asset: Red Hat Linux and Windows.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, shell scripting and Ansible is considered as a plus.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency is French can be an asset.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Complexity & problem solving: Handles standard situations covering known domains of expertise. Proposes process and procedure improvements within domain of expertise.
- Decision making: Might rely on existing processes and policies to make decisions but also uses knowledge and expertise to support the decision process in own domain. Proposes step improvements within the operational domain.
- Strategic approach and impact: Focuses on execution in own domain expertise. Runs and maintains the operational process.
- Autonomy and leadership: Works autonomously within own domain of expertise. Independently, co-ordinates and plans activities within given constraints. Uses expertise to challenge the goals and scope of new requests and evaluates the impact of these new requirements. Contributes to defining the implementation method for a set of products / services / solutions / applications in known domain of expertise.
- Strong team player, flexible and pro-active.
You will be part of the Data Services team, in charge of the Oracle and MS SQL Database infrastructures as well as the Business Intelligence & Analytics infrastructures. The team takes care of the installation, configuration of the software as well as the support of the production, test and development systems. It also provides technical guidelines and participates in design reviews, working in close collaboration with project leaders and development teams. The team ensures the stability, performance and security of the infrastructure and manages the software versioning and patching.
Your main responsibilities:
- Providing technical support for the database environment, including support of the production but also supporting the development and enhancement of applications;
- Helping to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, highest reliability and performance possible;
- Software installation procedure + configuration of the servers;
- Release management;
- Upgrade/migrations of databases;
- Day-to-day administration of the infrastructure;
- Disaster recovery plans;
- Defining standards and guidelines;
- Security of DB servers;
- Replication of data;
- Performance tuning;
- Research & Development: Assessment and implementation of new technologies and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities.
- Provide and design tools to assist in the management of the databases.