Contraste Europe is a major player in IT services in Belgium. We build strong relations with our clients and provide a range of IT services such as advisory, cloud and next-gen platforms, applications, data intelligence or support.
If you want to join a fast-growing company with an international presence but still on a human-scale... This job is for you!
Our client’s team plans, builds and runs the global infrastructure and is additionally responsible for the IT service management to the operating entities of the various Group markets. Its IT systems and IT services gets operating in such a way that, at an appropriate and benchmarked cost level, it can deliver the agreed levels of service to support the requirements of the business processes, for both normal operations and during disaster recovery.
The Integration Open System (IOS) Team ensures the transition of Windows and Linux applications into the production environment according to corporate Standards and segregation of duty:
• We deploy applications within test, pre-production and production environments via a release pipeline definition in Azure DevOps
• Deployments are automated by Release Automation, out of the box available feature in Azure DevOps, Ansible playbook, PowerShell script
• We implement operation scripts, procedures, and tools.
• We analyse the impacts of a new/modified applications on the production environment.
• We ensure applications can be operated into the production environment in a simple and efficient way.
We organise the scheduling of jobs, processes and tasks into the most efficient sequence, maximising throughput and utilisation to meet business requirements.
The main part of the job involves :
• Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments
• (automated & manual), liaising with the developers, testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security
• engineers, DBA, etc).
• Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and
• configuration of Windows application.
• Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
• Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
• Provide second level support to Production Operations – available for on call duties during certain weekends.
Knowledge of Azure and Azure Devops is required with the ability to build continuous delivery pipelines for application deployment.
A background in development on Windows Server is essential (System Engineering experience is not required for this position). However, it's not a mission of pure development, the candidate should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, middleware).
• Essential skills
- Azure and Azure Devops (for building continuous delivery pipelines)
- Windows Server (2000 and/or 20032012/2016)
- Visual Basic (VB6 and/or VB.net) .NET applications
- SQL Server (2000 and/or 2005)2016
- Scripting (VBS and/or Perl) Powershell
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- PERL scripting
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mind-set
Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.
• A challenging position in a fast-growing company with great projects and missions.
Contraste Europe is active in multiple sectors, being the IT partner of major players in finance, public services, industry, distribution or non-commercial organisations. We are present in Belgium, Luxembourg and France. You can contribute to results in really meaningful projects, where clients really benefit from IT...
• A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit
The company calendar offers those special moments where it is not only about IT Services… We maintained team spirit with lots of internal events (teambuilding, workshop...). Each team has its essential rituals, each week to share experiences, talk about objectives and keep in touch.
• A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
We care about our people! Whatever your function or role, you’ll witness respect and consideration… We listen to your needs and professional ambitions to build an exciting career path.
• A wide range of advantages, trainings and career development opportunities.
Next to an attractive salary package, we give an important place to learning and knowledge sharing. That’s why we have lots of initiatives like Competence Centres, conferences, workshops, training portal... The whole company is committed to make our teams perform, and will work with you to grow your expertise…
Interested? Please send us your CV in English at firstname.lastname@example.org.